Mango Peach Jalapeno Jam
It's the perfect pairing of tropical flavors of mellow Florida mangoes, juicy peaches, and fiery jalapenos peppers. It's flavorful, tart, sweet, and spicy, but not too spicy. Habaneros are known to be very spicy, but our final jam is not. We didn't want to overpower the mango and peach flavors, just to give them some kick. The heat comes slowly little by little, we call it a gentle heat. It's a twist on our traditional pepper jellies. We started with juicy peaches and mangoes and added hot peppery spices to create a mellow jam that ends in a bite of spice. This jam tastes great as an appetizer when combined with cheese, it is also great on cornbread and when used for cooking sauces. You can blend this with a splash of white wine to create a delectable glaze for chicken that's perfect for any alfresco meal.
Fat Free, Saturated Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, Sodium Free
Pairs well with Barbaresco, Barolo, Vouvray, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Reisling, Verdicchio, White Sancerre, Asti Spumante, Beaujolais, Bourgueil, Champagne, Sancerre, and Sangiovese, Syrah (Côte-Rôtie), Cabernet Sauvignon (partially oaked, dry), Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc, Oregon Pinot Gris, Champagne, Pinot Grigio, and German Pradikat Riesling
Suggestions for Uses
- Try it on meats
- Slather on a cracker
- Good on breakfast burritos
- Try it on savory cornbread waffles
- Wonderful on a bagel with cream cheese
- Amazing on ribs and grilled chicken
- Add it to a pecan baked brie
- Filo cups filled with a spot of brie cheese, topped with the jam then baked until the cheese and jam are bubbly.
- Add to your omelets
- Use it as a glaze on fish, chicken, or pork
- Spread it on grilled bread and top it with prosciutto, shaved Parmesan, and arugula as appetizer
- Half, seed, and stuff jalapenos, wrap them in bacon, grill them and slather with the jam
- Serve over a block of cream cheese or goat cheese with crackers
- It’s also delicious on an appetizer tray with an assortment of slices or wedges of cheese... with cheddars of all varieties, Havarti, Gouda, Manchego, Bleu, Roquefort and Gorgonzola.
- Spread a bit of this in between layers of cheese in a grilled sandwich.
- Make a salad dressing with it.
- Use it as a glaze for grilled or roasted meats. It’s also fabulous on salmon.
- Add a spoonful of pepper jelly when roasting veggies (a few minutes before they’re done)
- Add them to honey ginger glazed carrots
- For a high-protein, super delicious snack, sauté sliced chicken sausages until golden. Serve with a small bowl of this jam for dipping.
- Fabulous glaze on baked ham.
- Add a splash of rice vinegar and you’ve got a wonderful dipping sauce for egg rolls or wontons.
- Serve on buttermilk biscuits
- This jelly makes a very gourmet, very delicious PB&J!
- For a savory treat, make thumbprint cookies
- Use it as a topping for ice cream and serve with Irish Shortbread Cookies
- Grill pork ribs with it
- Use it on crostini's with cream cheese and topped with shrimp
- It is wonderful to use as a sauce for chicken or turkey wraps
- A topper for baked Tilapia
- A marinade for Chicken
- Dip fresh sliced apples in it
- Great flavor for you yogurt, pancakes, or ice cream
- Perfect on a slow roasted pork loin
- Great addition to those favorite poultry, fish, and pork recipes